Macchi No Sahas Fish Sauce With Rice Flour Part One
|Cumin seeds||2 Tablespoon|
|Coriander||1⁄2 Bunch (50 gm)|
|Sugarcane||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Rice flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Take a large mouthed dekchi and cook two large chopped onions in one cup oil. When they become soft and pink add the ground garlic, cumin and the rice flour. Lower the flame and stir the mixture back and forth till well roasted. Add three to four cups of water and whisk briskly so that there are no flour granules and the liquid is well blended with the flour. Allow to cook on a medium flame and keep stirring non-stop till the liquid thickens.
2. Wash and salt the pomfret slices and when the liquid bubbles add the fish, cherry tomatoes, and the green chillies. Lower the heat and allow the fish to cook till soft.
3. Take the eggs and whisk them well in a bowl. Add the sugar and vinegar to the beaten eggs and mix well.
4. When the fish is cooked, slowly pour the above mixture in a thin dribble onto the fish gravy and shake the pan vigorously from side to side. Remove from heat after tasting for salt.
5. Deep fry two sliced onions till crisp and brown.
6. Serve the fish sauce on a flat dish and cover with finely chopped fresh coriander and the crisply fried onions.