Ranchero Sauce, Refried Beans, Chiliquiles and Enchiladas
|Olive oil||1 Teaspoon|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm)|
|Onion||1 Large, sliced|
|Vegetable stock||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Salt||1 Teaspoon (To taste)|
|Pepper||1 Teaspoon (To taste)|
|Cooked pinto beans||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Tomato juice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Tortilla chips||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Corn tortillas||8 Medium|
|Cheddar cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
FOR THE RANCHERO SAUCE
1. Boil the tomatoes along with the garlic and chilies.
2. Take them off heat and peel the tomatoes.
3. Transfer the tomatoes, garlic and chilies to the blender along with a little of the cooking liquid.
4. Fry the onions in a little olive oil.
4. Season with salt and pepper and add the vegetable stalk and the fried onions.
5. Blend everything together with the oregano thrown in.
6. Transfer it to the sauce pan again and simmer it for 20 minutes.
FOR THE REFRIED BEANS
7. Using the same pan with the onion flavored oil cook the pinto beans with it.
8. Mash the pinto beans and season with salt.
FOR THE CHILIQUILES
9. Add the tomato juice in the Ranchero sauce.
10.Heat a pan and add the tortilla chips in it.
11.Add a few ladles of the tomato juice diluted with the Ranchero sauce to cover them.
12.Put the lid on and simmer.
13.On a plate, add the Chiliquiles and top with Ranchero tomato sauce and add some refried beans and eggs for breakfast.
FOR THE ENCHILADAS
14.Heat the tortillas and dip them in the Ranchero tomato sauce.
15.Put cheese within them, roll them up and place them in a baking dish.
16.Top with the Ranchero tomato sauce and sprinkle the shredded cheese on top.
17.Heat until the cheese melts.
18.Serve with some more Ranchero sauce on it along with onions and sour cream on top. Serve alongside some refried beans and guacamole.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2323 Calories from Fat 648
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 73 g111.9%
Saturated Fat 40 g199.8%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 152.3 mg50.8%
Sodium 5190.5 mg216.3%
Total Carbohydrates 336 g112%
Dietary Fiber 58.6 g234.5%
Sugars 47.5 g
Protein 97 g193.3%
Vitamin A 189.7% Vitamin C 521.2%
Calcium 173.7% Iron 113.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet