Pears, apples, ginger, hazelnuts and spices combine to add beautiful color, texture and taste to this classic Thanksgiving side dish!
4 Cup (64 tbs), picked and stemmed
2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)
2 Medium, peeled, cored, diced (granny smith apple)
2 Medium, peeled, cored, diced
1 Small, diced
1 Cup (16 tbs)
1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), diced
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), toasted (skin removed)
1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)
1. Bring water, spices, salt, sugar and cranberries to boil over medium heat.
2. Stir frequently for about 10 minutes, until cranberries “start to pop”.
3. Once cranberries begin to pop, reduce heat so mixture simmers
4. Add rest of fruit and stir frequently until mixture thickens (another 10-15 minutes)
5. Remove from heat and stir in hazelnuts.
6. Cool to room temperature – remove cinnamon sticks and cloves.