Nothing says summer like blue, blue lakes, fun festivals, and fresh, ripe fruit. In this RV Cooking Show episode we'll take a turn around Traverse City, Michigan and make a very versatile cherry sauce - direct from the Cherry Capital!
Sweet dark cherries
1 Pound, pitted and cut into large pieces
Packed brown sugar
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)
Fresh squeezed lemon juice
1) In a small bowl, mix together ¼ cup water and corn starch together. Keep aside.
2) Take a large saucepan and heat it on medium.
3) Melt butter and add cherries, brown sugar, and ¼ cup water.
4) Let it bubble and melt the sugar.
5) Then add corn starch and stir until it bubbles to thicken. Add more water if too thick.
6) When the sauce is thick as desired and lemon juice.
7) Serve the sauce on desserts and grilled meats.
If you are looking for a sauce that saves you from any extra work, here is just the recipe for you. Try making this all-purpose dark sweet cherry sauce. This sauce goes great with desserts and grilled meat. Watch the video for whole recipe.