Cream Puffs with Chocolate Sauce
|Butter||4 Tablespoon (0.50 Stick)|
|Flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Semi sweet chocolate||1 Ounce (Bakers)|
|Cool whip||4 Tablespoon|
|Icing sugar||1 Tablespoon|
1) Heat water in heavy sauce pan, in hot water add butter, salt, sugar.
2) After butter melts down, reduce the heat to low to medium high and add flour all in one shot and stir thoroughly.
3) After dough comes in to one ball, turn of the heat and remove dough in separate bowl.
4) Allow dough cools down a bit for 3 to 4 minutes.
5) preheated the oven at 430 degree Fahrenheit.
6) A dough needs to be little warn and not completely cold. In warm dough add one egg at a time and beat the mixture with the help of hand mixer.
7) Transfer the mixture in zip-lock or pastry bag and make small pastry mould on a baking tray.
8) Bake them in the oven for 10 minutes.
9) After 10 minutes lower down the heat and bake for 20 more minutes.
10) After 20 mts turn off the oven and keep the tray in the oven for 10 more minutes.
11) Remove the tray from the oven and transfer puffs on the cooling rack.
12) To prepare chocolate sauce mix chocolate square and cool while in microwave safe bowl and microwave for 1 minute stirring after every one minute.
13) After one minute, microwave for another 30 seconds until chocolate in completely melted.
14) Add butter and continue to microwave for 30 more seconds.
15) Add a drop of vanilla essence and icing sugar in chocolate sauce and mix well until sugar is dissolved.
16) Cut the puffs in half, fill them using cool whip or ice cream. Put the other half of puff on the top of cream.
17) Serve with a generous drizzle of chocolate sauce.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1287 Calories from Fat 801
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 90 g138.2%
Saturated Fat 56.7 g283.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 584.2 mg194.7%
Sodium 408.6 mg17%
Total Carbohydrates 100 g33.2%
Dietary Fiber 3.4 g13.4%
Sugars 49.3 g
Protein 21 g41.7%
Vitamin A 47.2% Vitamin C
Calcium 9% Iron 31.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet