1. Soak the tomatoes in water for about 3 to 4 hours; reserve the water for later use.
2. In a separate bowl, soak the chipotle in water for about 3 to 4 hours; reserve the water for preparing the sauce.
3. In a blender or vitamix, combine all the ingredients along with the tomato-water reserve and the chipotle-water reserve.
4. Fill a smoke gun with few chips of hickory chips and attach the pipe to the vitamix. This infuses the smoky flavor to the sauce.
5. Light up the smoke gun and turn on the blender; blend for about 2 to 3 minutes.
6. Use this rich smoky sauce as an excellent marinade for grilling.
A real treat for summer barbeque. This video makes a fine smoky barbeque sauce with sun dried tomatoes and chipotle. Infused with real smoky flavor, this is an excellent sauce for marinades. Use this while grilling to get a very savor taste to all the grilled food.
Raw Smoked Barbeque Sauce With Sun Dried Tomatoes Recipe Video