Hamburger Steaks with Mustard Sauce
|Ground beef||1 Pound|
|Finely chopped onion||2 Tablespoon|
|Finely chopped green pepper||2 Tablespoon|
|Consomme||6 Tablespoon, undiluted (1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons)|
|Prepared mustard||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|French bread slices||4 (1/2 inch thick)|
1. Make 4 patties, each 1/2 inches thick from ground beef.
2. In a large skillet cook the patties on medium heat for 5-7 minutes on each side, till it is well cooked. Drain excess water.
3. Saute all the vegetables in tender till they are tender and cooked. Stir in between.
4. Add consomme and mustard. Stir well and boil.
5. Reduce heat when boiling. Simmer for 20 minutes keeping it uncovered while stirring in between.
6. Place each hamburger patty on a French bread.
7. Serve Hamburger Steaks With Mustard Sauce.
Calories 529 Calories from Fat 335
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 37 g57.6%
Saturated Fat 15.1 g75.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 96.1 mg32%
Sodium 581.4 mg24.2%
Total Carbohydrates 25 g8.3%
Dietary Fiber 1.7 g6.9%
Sugars 1.9 g
Protein 25 g50.4%
Vitamin A 5.7% Vitamin C 32%
Calcium 3.2% Iron 15.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet