Roasted Red Pepper Sauce
|Red peppers||2 Cup (32 tbs), roasted, chopped and seeded|
|Olive oil||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Fresh lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Ground pepper||To Taste|
1) Peel the peppers and then seed and chop them.
2) Pit the olives and chop them.
3) In a food processor, place the prepared vegetables with the anchovies.
4) Chop the parsley and add to the ingredients.
5) Puree the ingredients till the mixture is smooth.
6) Add the olive oil and lemon juice. Beat well.
7) Season with salt and pepper to taste. If needed, add more anchovies.
8) Transfer the sauce to a serving bowl and serve at room temperature. The dish can be made in advance and stored in the fridge. Keeps well for up-to a week.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 441 Calories from Fat 305
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 35 g53.6%
Saturated Fat 3.2 g16.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 25.4 mg8.5%
Sodium 2647.9 mg110.3%
Total Carbohydrates 26 g8.6%
Dietary Fiber 7.6 g30.3%
Sugars 13.1 g
Protein 10 g20.7%
Vitamin A 237.3% Vitamin C 712.6%
Calcium 15.3% Iron 19.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet