Tongue With Sweet And Sour Sauce
|Onion||1 , diced|
|Tongue stock||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Vinegar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Honey||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Kosher salt||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Powdered ginger||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Seedless raisins||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Blanched almonds||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Lemon||1 , thinly sliced|
|Cooked tongue||1 1⁄2 Pound|
1) Take a saucepan and melt fat in it. Add onion and cook until light brown in color.
2) Gently sprinkle flour on the cooked onion.
3) Gradually stir in stock and bring the mixture to a boil, stirring constantly.
4) Add honey, vinegar, ginger, raisins and salt.
5) Cook over low heat for about 5 minutes.
6) Add lemon and almonds. Cook for another 2 minutes.
7) Slice and serve the tongue with sauce.