Tongue with Sweet and Sour Sauce
|Onion||1 , diced|
|Tongue stock||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Vinegar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Honey||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Kosher salt||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Powdered ginger||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Seedless raisins||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Blanched almonds||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Lemon||1 , thinly sliced|
|Cooked tongue||1 1⁄2 Pound|
1) Take a saucepan and melt fat in it. Add onion and cook until light brown in color.
2) Gently sprinkle flour on the cooked onion.
3) Gradually stir in stock and bring the mixture to a boil, stirring constantly.
4) Add honey, vinegar, ginger, raisins and salt.
5) Cook over low heat for about 5 minutes.
6) Add lemon and almonds. Cook for another 2 minutes.
7) Slice and serve the tongue with sauce.
Calories 756 Calories from Fat 394
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 44 g67.8%
Saturated Fat 13.7 g68.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 254.7 mg84.9%
Sodium 666.9 mg27.8%
Total Carbohydrates 44 g14.6%
Dietary Fiber 3 g11.8%
Sugars 29.8 g
Protein 47 g94.3%
Vitamin A 0.1% Vitamin C 28.4%
Calcium 8.8% Iron 55.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet