Roasted Pepper Sauce
|Red bell peppers/One 7 ounce jar roasted red peppers||1 Pound (3 medium size)|
|Olive oil/Salad oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Chopped onion||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Garlic clove||1 Large, minced|
|Crushed red pepper flakes||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Heavy cream||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Ground white pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
1. Preheat broiler.
2. Place peppers on baking sheet and broil, 4 to 6 inches from heat, 20 to 25 minutes, turning frequently until all sides are charred and blistered.
3. Remove peppers from broiler, place in paper bag, twisting top to seal.
4. Allow peppers to stand 20 minutes.
5. In a medium skillet heat oil and saute chopped onion, minced garlic and red-pepper flakes for 2 to 3 minutes until onion is soft.
6. Remove from heat and set aside.
7. In heavy saucepan place cream and bring to boiling over medium-high heat, stirring constantly.
8. Boil until cream is reduced to 1/2 cup-€”about 3 to 4 minutes, remove pan from heat and set aside.
9. Place peppers on cutting board and cut each in half lengthwise.
10. Remove and discard stems, ribs and seeds.
11. Then peel and discard skin from peppers.
12. Puree peppers and onion mixture in a processor or blender until mixture is very smooth-€”about 3 minutes (if using blender, puree half at a time).
13. Into skillet add the puree mixture and boil over medium-high heat, stirring constantly, 5 minutes.
14. Stir in reduced cream, salt and pepper blender and puree until mixture is very smooth-€”about 3 minutes (if using blender, puree half at a time).
15. Return puree mixture to skillet and boil over medium-high heat, stirring constantly for 5 minutes.
16. Stir in reduced cream, salt and pepper.
17. Serve the sauce with snacks or fritters or use as desired.