Coconut Castle Puddings with Orange Sauce
|Flour/Plain flour + 1 teaspoon baking powder||4 Ounce|
|Castor sugar||2 Ounce|
|Dessicated coconut||1 Ounce|
|Vanilla essence||2 Drop|
|Glace cherries||8 (For Garnish)|
1) Into a bowl, sieve together flour and baking powder.
2) Add in the fat and mix together till it becomes of a crumbly consistency.
3) Next, add in sugar and coconut.
4) Add in the egg, milk and vanilla essence. Beat well till the batter becomes of a dropping consistency.
5) Grease 4 individual pudding cups or 8 castle pudding tins.
6) Pour in the pudding batter into the moulds making sure not to fill more than 2/3 of the container.
7) Cover the moulds with a greased wax paper or foil.
8) Steam the pudding. Castle Pudding cups take about 20 minutes while the individual pudding cups take about 30 minutes.
9) Unmould the pudding onto a warm serving dish.
10) Garnish the pudding tops with glace cherries. Serve orange sauce on the side.