Boiled Mutton or Lamb and Caper Sauce
|Mutton scrag/Middle neck of mutton / lamb||1 1⁄4 Pound|
|For the caper sauce|
|All-purpose flour||1 Ounce|
|Meat stock||1⁄4 Pint|
|Caper vinegar||1 Teaspoon|
1) Cut meat into pieces.
2) Slice the vegetables.
3) Take a pan and add meat and vegetables into it.
4) Add cold water. Bring to a boil, remove off the scum.
5) Stir in seasoning. Decrease heat and simmer for 1 1/2-2 hours.
6) Place meat and vegetables on a hot dish.
7) To make caper sauce, in a pan heat fat and add flour. Cook for few minutes and slowly add milk and meat stock.
8) Bring to a boil and cook until thickened. Stir in seasoning, capers and vinegar. Heat but do not boil.
9) Serve lamb with caper sauce hot.