Calf's Liver with Onion Sauce
|Calfs liver||1 Pound, cut into 4 thin slices|
|Flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Kosher salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Chicken fat||4 Tablespoon|
|Sliced onion||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Beef broth||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1) Take a mixing bowl and combine flour, pepper and salt in it.
2) Dip each slice of liver in the mixture.
3) Take a skillet and heat fat in it. Add liver and cook until brown on both sides. Remove and place on a platter.
4) Add onions in the remaining fat and cook until brown.
5) Take a small bowl and mix together broth and cornstarch. Add mixture to the onions.
6) Bring the mixture to a boil, stirring constantly.
7) Scrape the skillet bottom and cook for another 2 minutes.
8) Pour the sauce over liver and serve immediately.