Poached Salmon Steaks With Cucumber Sauce
|Boiling water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Chicken bouillon cubes||2|
|Onion||1 Small, sliced|
|Dill weed||1 Teaspoon|
|Salmon steaks||2 (About 1-Inch Thick)|
|For cucumber sauce|
|Finely diced cucumber||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), drained|
|Celery salt||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|For mock sour cream|
|Low fat cottage cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Water/Skim milk||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
1) Take a skillet and combine together all ingredients in it except salmon. Cook over high heat.
2) Reduce heat to low and cover. Simmer for about 5 minutes.
3) Add salmon and simmer, covered, for about 8 minutes or until fish begins to flake easily.
4) Remove bones and cut the steaks into half.
5) FOR THE CUCUMBER SAUCE: Prepare sour cream by combining all ingredients in the blender container. Flash blend for about 30 seconds or until mixture becomes creamy. Transfer to a bowl and add all the cucumber sauce ingredients. Nicely blend the mixture.
6) Place drained onion slices over steaks and top with cucumber sauce and herbs. Serve at room temperature.