Poached Salmon Steaks with Cucumber Sauce
|Boiling water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Chicken bouillon cubes||2|
|Onion||1 Small, sliced|
|Dill weed||1 Teaspoon|
|Salmon steaks||2 (About 1-Inch Thick)|
|For cucumber sauce|
|Finely diced cucumber||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), drained|
|Celery salt||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|For mock sour cream|
|Low fat cottage cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Water/Skim milk||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
1) Take a skillet and combine together all ingredients in it except salmon. Cook over high heat.
2) Reduce heat to low and cover. Simmer for about 5 minutes.
3) Add salmon and simmer, covered, for about 8 minutes or until fish begins to flake easily.
4) Remove bones and cut the steaks into half.
5) FOR THE CUCUMBER SAUCE: Prepare sour cream by combining all ingredients in the blender container. Flash blend for about 30 seconds or until mixture becomes creamy. Transfer to a bowl and add all the cucumber sauce ingredients. Nicely blend the mixture.
6) Place drained onion slices over steaks and top with cucumber sauce and herbs. Serve at room temperature.
Calories 177 Calories from Fat 56
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 6 g9.6%
Saturated Fat 1.3 g6.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 46.9 mg15.6%
Sodium 1088.9 mg45.4%
Total Carbohydrates 7 g2.3%
Dietary Fiber 0.85 g3.4%
Sugars 3.7 g
Protein 22 g44.6%
Vitamin A 2.9% Vitamin C 7.7%
Calcium 9.4% Iron 7.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet