Duck with Orange Sauce
|Duck||6 Pound (1 Duck, 5 - 6 Pound)|
|Kosher salt||2 Teaspoon|
|Orange juice||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Beef broth||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Currant jelly||2 Tablespoon|
|Oranges||2 , segmented|
1) Remove feathers by singing the duck. Wash and dry.
2) Season the duck with pepper and salt.
3) Preheat oven to 350° F.
4) Take a roasting pan and place the seasoned duck in it.
5) Roast in the oven for about 3 hours or until duck turns brown and tender.
6) Measure 2 tablespoons fat from roasting pan and pour into a saucepan.
7) Add flour and gradually stir in orange juice. Bring the mixture to a boil.
8) Add broth, jelly, orange segments and lemon juice.
9) Reduce heat to low and cook for about 10 minutes.
10) Place duck on a platter. Carve and serve with sauce.