Strawberry Sauce with Dumplings
|Frozen whole strawberries||32 Ounce, thawed (2 Packages, 16-Ounce Each)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|All-purpose flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Milk||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1. In a saucepan bring to a boil combining the first 5 ingredients.
2. In another bowl combine flour, baking powder, dash of salt and 1/4 cup sugar and cut in 2 tablespoons butter until mixture resembles coarse meal.
3. Stir in milk and vanilla and mix well.
4. Drop mixture by teaspoonfuls into boiling strawberry mixture and cook, uncovered, 5 minutes.
5. With cover, reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes.
6. Serve over ice cream, if desired.