Fresh Cranberry Sauce for Thanksgiving
|Fresh cranberries||4 Cup (64 tbs), washed and drained|
|Sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Orange rind||2 Tablespoon, grated|
1) Take a medium size saucepan and combine together sugar, water and cranberries in it.
2) Bring the mixture to a boil.
3) Reduce heat and cook for about 7-10 minutes or until the skin of cranberry pops.
4) Add orange rind.
5) Mesh the berries a little.
6) Allow the mixture to cool completely.
7) Serve the Fresh Cranberry Sauce over poultry or pork.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1779 Calories from Fat 5
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0.63 g0.97%
Saturated Fat 0.06 g0.28%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 9.7 mg0.4%
Total Carbohydrates 461 g153.7%
Dietary Fiber 23.4 g93.7%
Sugars 417.4 g
Protein 2 g4.3%
Vitamin A 7.8% Vitamin C 165.5%
Calcium 8.8% Iron 7.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet