Neapolitan Tomato Sauce for Two
|Tomatoes/8 ounce canned tomatoes, with their juice||12 Ounce, skinned and roughly chopped (350 Gram)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), skinned and crushed|
|Olive oil||30 Milliliter (2 Tablespoon)|
|Fresh parsley sprig/Oregano / marjoram/ basil sprig / 1/4 teaspoon dried||1|
|Sugar||1⁄4 Teaspoon (1.25 Milliliter)|
|Freshly ground pepper||To Taste|
1) In a saucepan, place together tomatoes, garlic, oil, herbs, sugar and seasoning.
2) Heat the tomato mixture to the boil.
3) Simmer, for about 10 minutes until the oil has separated from the tomatoes.
4) Stirring the mixture frequently.
5) Check and adjust the seasoning.
6) Serve hot, or leave to cool and store in a covered bowl in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 342 Calories from Fat 271
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 31 g47.3%
Saturated Fat 4.3 g21.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 407.1 mg17%
Total Carbohydrates 17 g5.7%
Dietary Fiber 4.5 g18%
Sugars 10.3 g
Protein 3 g6.9%
Vitamin A 58.7% Vitamin C 77.6%
Calcium 5% Iron 8.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet