Lima Beans in Cheese Sauce
|Frozen baby lima beans||10 Ounce (1 Packet)|
|Chopped onion||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|All-purpose flour||1 Tablespoon|
|Dry mustard||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Milk||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Grated cheddar cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs), divided|
|Mushroom stems and pieces||1 Can (10 oz), drained|
|Seasoned croutons||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1) Rinse the lima beans, drain and set aside.
2) In a small, microwavable dish, add in the beans, onion and butter. Mix and microwave on HIGH for 1 1/2 minutes. The beans must turn tender by the end.
3) Add in the flour, dry mustard, pepper and milk.
4) Mix well and microwave for about 45 seconds to 1 3/4 minutes. Stir the mixture a couple of times till it starts to thicken.
5) Add in 3/4 cup cheese and mushrooms into the mixture and stir till the cheese melts.
6) Add the cheese sauce into the bowl of beans.
7) Sprinkle the casserole with croutons and 1/4 cup cheese.
8) Without a lid on, microwave the mixture on HIGH for 1 1/2 to 2 1/2 minutes. Let the cheese melt completely.
9) Serve the Limas in Cheese Sauce garnished with freshly ground pepper.