Mackerel with Gooseberry Sauce
|For the gooseberry sauce|
|Grated lemon rind||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Granulated sugar||2 Tablespoon|
|Court-bouillon||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Dry white wine||1⁄4 Pint|
|Castor sugar||2 Teaspoon|
1) Wash the gooseberries. In a pan of water, add in the gooseberries and allow it to boil. Cover the pan and cook on simmer till the berries soften.
2) Take the berries off the heat. Beat to a puree along with lemon rind, sugar and a pat of butter.
3) Into a saucepan with water, add in the peeled onion, wine, salt, sugar and crushed peppercorns.
4) Add in washed mackarel into the pan. Let it boil then simmer for 10 minutes or till the fish becomes tender.
5) Heat the gooseberry sauce again and transfer into a warm sauce boat.
6) Without breaking their skin, drain the mackerel.
7) Place the fish on a warm serving plate.
8) Serve with the gooseberry sauce.