Beans In Sofrito Sauce
|Bacon rasher||1 , diced|
|Ham slice||1 , diced|
|Onion||1 , chopped|
|Green capsicum||1⁄2 , deseeded, diced|
|Tomatoes||2 , skinned, chopped|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), peeled, crushed|
|Green beans||1 Pound|
|Ground black pepper||1 Teaspoon|
1) In a saucepan, add the diced bacon. Cook on low flame till the meat lets out its juices.
2) Add in the ham and onions. Cook for a few minutes.
3) Add in the capsicum, tomatoes, garlic and 3 ounces of water. Cover the pan and cook over a low flame for 5 minutes. Keep stirring continously.
4) Wash the beans. Remove the strings from the sides along with the tip ends. Break the beans into little pieces.
5) Also, take the stones out from the olives and chop them along with the capers.
6) Into the pan, add in the beans, olives, capers, oregano, salt and pepper. Add in the remaining water. Cover the pan and cook on low flame for 25 minutes.
7) Serve the Beans In Sofrito Sauce hot, garnished with chopped parsley, if desired.