Tofu in A Barbecue Sauce
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Onion||1 , peeled, and finely chopped|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), crushed|
|Firm tofu||12 Ounce (350 Gram)|
|Canned tomatoes||14 Ounce, pureed (1 Tin, 400 Gram)|
|Tomato puree||1 Tablespoon|
|Concentrated apple juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Celery seed||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
1. Take a skillet, heat oil and fry the onion gently for about 3 minutes, add tofu, garlic, Tabasco and shoyu.
2. Fry these ingredients for several minutes until the tofu becomes crispy.
3. Turn over the cubes carefully and ensure that they remain intact.
4. Stir in remaining ingredients, cover the pan and cook on low heat for about 15- 20 minutes.
5. Season the mixture, according to taste preferences.
6. Serve the tofu in barbecue sauce hot with freshly cooked rice or noodles.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 661 Calories from Fat 280
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 32 g49.6%
Saturated Fat 4.6 g22.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 1812.1 mg75.5%
Total Carbohydrates 66 g22.1%
Dietary Fiber 11.9 g47.5%
Sugars 18.5 g
Protein 41 g81.1%
Vitamin A 60.1% Vitamin C 147.4%
Calcium 89.6% Iron 70.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet