Tofu in A Barbecue Sauce
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Onion||1 , peeled, and finely chopped|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), crushed|
|Firm tofu||12 Ounce (350 Gram)|
|Canned tomatoes||14 Ounce, pureed (1 Tin, 400 Gram)|
|Tomato puree||1 Tablespoon|
|Concentrated apple juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Celery seed||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
1. Take a skillet, heat oil and fry the onion gently for about 3 minutes, add tofu, garlic, Tabasco and shoyu.
2. Fry these ingredients for several minutes until the tofu becomes crispy.
3. Turn over the cubes carefully and ensure that they remain intact.
4. Stir in remaining ingredients, cover the pan and cook on low heat for about 15- 20 minutes.
5. Season the mixture, according to taste preferences.
6. Serve the tofu in barbecue sauce hot with freshly cooked rice or noodles.