Strawberries with Raspberry Sauce
|Raspberries||10 Ounce (Use Fresh Or Frozen)|
|Honey/Fruit concentrate||2 Tablespoon|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Fresh strawberries||1 Quart|
|Fruit juice concentrate/Honey||2 Tablespoon|
|Almond extract||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
For the sauce:
1. In a food processor or blender, prepare a puree of raspberries by adding water.
2. Strain to remove seeds.
3. In a pot, add sweetener and lemon juice. Bring it to a boil over a low flame and simmer for 2 minutes. Keep the sauce aside to cool. Refrigerate.
4. Wash and hull strawberries.
5. In a bowl, take sweetener and almond extract, blend well.
6. Gently toss strawberries in the above mixture and take it in a goblet.
7. Pour chilled raspberry sauce over strawberries and cover. Refrigerate it for several hours before serving.
8. To serve Strawberries With Raspberry Sauce, top it with toasted, slivered almonds, or a dollop of ice cream or whipped cream. Sliced fresh peaches or apricots may be used instead of strawberries.
Calories 282 Calories from Fat 20
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 2 g3.7%
Saturated Fat 0.1 g0.51%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 7.1 mg0.3%
Total Carbohydrates 68 g22.6%
Dietary Fiber 18.8 g75.1%
Sugars 42 g
Protein 5 g10.1%
Vitamin A 2.3% Vitamin C 539.6%
Calcium 14.3% Iron 16.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet