Pine Kernel and Tomato Sauce
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Onion||1 , peeled and finely chopped|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), crushed|
|Button mushrooms||8 Ounce, wiped and halved (225 Gram)|
|Canned tomatoes||14 Ounce (1 Can, 400 Gram)|
|Red pepper||1 , deseeded, and chopped|
|Chopped parsley||2 Tablespoon|
|Dried oregano||1 Teaspoon|
|Pine kernels||1 Ounce (25 Gram)|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
1. In a wok, heat oil and add onions, and gently fry it for 3 minutes.
2. Add mushrooms and garlic and cook for about 3 minutes.
3. Take a blender, and add tomatoes and red pepper and puree it with parsley until smooth.
4. Add this mixture to the pan along with oregano.
5. Boil the mixture, add pine kernels, cover the pan and cook at low heat for about half an hour.
6. Season to taste.
7. Serve the pine kernel and tomato sauce hot with bread.