Turbot with Aubergine Sauce
|Lemon||1 , freshly squeezed|
|Aubergine||1 Large, sliced|
|Cooking oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Tomato sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Fish stock||1⁄4 Pint|
|Ground oregano||1 Teaspoon|
|Chopped parsley||2 Tablespoon (Use As Required)|
1) Season the Turbot steaks with salt and pepper to taste, sprinkle all over with the lemon juice.
2) In a steamer, steam the Turbot steaks for 15 to 18 minutes.
3) In a bowl, soak the aubergine slices in salted water, drain and pat dry.
4) In a skillet, fry the aubergine slices in cooking oil until brown.
5) Stir in the tomato sauce and fish stock.
6) Season with the oregano, salt and pepper to taste.
7) Simmer over a low heat for 6 minutes, then stir in the cream.
8) Remove the fish from steamer and transfer to a serving dish.
9) Spoon the sauce over the fish, sprinkle with the chopped parsley and serve immediately.
Calories 347 Calories from Fat 131
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 15 g22.5%
Saturated Fat 3.1 g15.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 99 mg33%
Sodium 480.5 mg20%
Total Carbohydrates 19 g6.3%
Dietary Fiber 5.5 g21.9%
Sugars 7.2 g
Protein 36 g71.2%
Vitamin A 17.7% Vitamin C 47.9%
Calcium 11.2% Iron 12.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet