Turbot With Aubergine Sauce
|Lemon||1 , freshly squeezed|
|Aubergine||1 Large, sliced|
|Cooking oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Tomato sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Fish stock||1⁄4 Pint|
|Ground oregano||1 Teaspoon|
|Chopped parsley||2 Tablespoon (Use As Required)|
1) Season the Turbot steaks with salt and pepper to taste, sprinkle all over with the lemon juice.
2) In a steamer, steam the Turbot steaks for 15 to 18 minutes.
3) In a bowl, soak the aubergine slices in salted water, drain and pat dry.
4) In a skillet, fry the aubergine slices in cooking oil until brown.
5) Stir in the tomato sauce and fish stock.
6) Season with the oregano, salt and pepper to taste.
7) Simmer over a low heat for 6 minutes, then stir in the cream.
8) Remove the fish from steamer and transfer to a serving dish.
9) Spoon the sauce over the fish, sprinkle with the chopped parsley and serve immediately.