Pasta with Spinach Cheese Sauce
|Fresh spinach||16 Ounce|
|Chopped garlic in oil||1⁄4 Teaspoon (Or Minced)|
|Plain non-fat yogurt/Plain low fat yogurt||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Nonfat cottage cheese/Low fat cottage cheese||5 Tablespoon|
|Powdered nutmeg||1 Pinch|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Freshly grated parmesan cheese||2 1⁄2 Ounce|
|Dried linguine/Fresh linguine||6 Ounce|
1) In a covered pot, boil water and cook the pasta for 1 to 2 minutes for fresh pasta or follow packet instruction for dried pasta.
2) Pour off the water form pasta and drain well.
3) Rinse the spinach in cold water and discard the tough stems.
4) In a steamer, steam the spinach with garlic until spinach wilts.
5) Pour off the water from spinach and drain thoroughly and press dry.
6) In the food processor, place yogurt, cottage cheese, nutmeg and black pepper.
7) Process the yogurt mixture until smooth.
8) Put in the spinach and process to puree.
9) Pile the pasta over the serving platr and top with spinach-cheese sauce.
10) Serve hot dredged with Parmesan cheese