Fluffy Omelet with Cheese Sauce
|Eggs||4 , separated|
|All-purpose flour||1 Tablespoon|
|Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sharp cheddar cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), shredded (2 Ounce)|
1. Preheat oven to 325°.
2. In a bowl beat egg whites until foamy.
3. Add water and salt.
4. Beat until stiff peaks form.
5. In a medium bowl beat egg yolks until thick.
6. Fold whites into yolks.
7. Heat a heavy skillet over medium heat.
8. Add butter and tilt skillet to coat the bottom.
9. Spread egg mixture and keep the sides little raised.
10. Cover, decrease heat and cook for 8 to 10 minutes.
11. Bake for 10 minutes.
12. Loose omelet with a spatula and fold in half.
13. To prepare cheese sauce, in a heavy saucepan melt butter over low heat.
14. Stir in flour and cook for 1 minute.
15. Add milk, cook and stir over medium heat until thick.
16. Add salt and cheese.
17. Stir until cheese melts.
18. Slide omelet onto a plate.
19. Spoon cheese sauce over top.