Harvest Vegetables with Parsley Sauce
|Sunflower oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Leeks||2 , cleaned and diced|
|Carrots||8 Ounce, scrubbed and chopped (225 Gram)|
|Turnip/Swede||8 Ounce, peeled and chopped (225 Gram)|
|Brussels sprouts||8 Ounce, cleaned and haloed (225 Gram)|
|For the sauce:|
|Whole meal flour||1 Ounce (25 Gram)|
|Butter/Sunflower margarine||1 Ounce (25 Gram)|
|Milk||1 Pint (600 Milliliter)|
|Chopped parsley||2 Tablespoon|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
1. In a skillet, heat the oil and fry leeks for 3 minutes.
2. Stir in other vegetables and cook them at high heat.
3. Cover the pan and cook at low heat for about 5-7 minutes until vegetables are soft.
4. Add little water to the pan and cook the vegetables for little longer time. Or
5. Microwave the vegetables - heat oil for half a minute, add leeks and cook for a minute along with remaining vegetables, cover the dish and cook for about 6-8 minutes.
6. For making sauce - In a bowl, combine all ingredients for a minute.
7. Spoon the sauce mixture to the pan and boil it gradually, by stirring all the time.
8. Simmer for about 2-3 minutes.
9. Season the mixture to taste.
10. Add the cooked vegetables into a dish and spoon it over the sauce.
11. Cover the mixture with grated cheese or seeds and grill for 2-3 minutes.
12. Serve the dish with cooked grain like millet or barley or with baked potato.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1215 Calories from Fat 499
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 56 g86.8%
Saturated Fat 25.9 g129.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 109 mg36.3%
Sodium 1037.1 mg43.2%
Total Carbohydrates 156 g52.1%
Dietary Fiber 27.7 g110.9%
Sugars 63.9 g
Protein 38 g75.4%
Vitamin A 986.6% Vitamin C 561.9%
Calcium 104.6% Iron 87.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet