Fish In Hot And Sour Sauce
|Fish fillets||12 Ounce, deskinned and cut into 1 inch strips (50 Grams, Preferably Plaice)|
|Oil||2 1⁄2 Fluid Ounce (70 Milliliter, Preferably Ground Nut)|
|For hot and sour sauce|
|Chicken stock||2 1⁄2 Fluid Ounce (70 Milliliter)|
|Dry sherry/Rice wine||1 Tablespoon|
|Dark soy sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Tomato paste||2 Teaspoon|
|Chili bean sauce/Chili powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Pepper white||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Cider vinegar/Chinese black rice vinegar||1 Tablespoon|
|Spring onions||1 Tablespoon, finely chopped (For Garnish)|
1. In a wok or large frying pan heat oil until it is smoking hot.
2. Fry the fish for 2-3 minutes until they are golden brown in batches.
3. Drain on paper towel, pour off all the oil and wipe the wok or pan clean.
4. Reheat the pan, add all the hot and sour sauce ingredients and bring to a boil, then lower the heat to a simmer.
5. Add the fish strips and simmer it in the sauce for 2 minutes.
6. Serve hot garnished with the spring onions.