Herbed Pepper Sauce
|Red peppers||4 Ounce (125 Grams)|
|Green peppers||4 Ounce (125 Grams)|
|Onions||4 Ounce (125 Grams)|
|Dry white wine||2 Fluid Ounce (50 Milliliter)|
|Dried mixed herbs||1 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm)|
|Canned tomatoes||8 Ounce (227 Grams)|
1. Cut onions and peppers into thin slices.
2. Dice tomatoes.
3. Into a non-stick saucepan, mix onion, pepper, wine and herbs; simmer for 2-3 minutes.
4. Crush garlic and add to the pan.
5. Stir in tomato juice; bring mixture to boiling.
6. Stir vigorously and boil until liquid is reduced to half.
7. Add diced tomatoes and simmer for 5 minutes.
8. Use as a condiment to accompany steaks, grills, sandwiches etc.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 246 Calories from Fat 14
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 2 g2.5%
Saturated Fat 0.24 g1.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 343.5 mg14.3%
Total Carbohydrates 45 g15%
Dietary Fiber 10.9 g43.4%
Sugars 13.1 g
Protein 8 g15.2%
Vitamin A 111.2% Vitamin C 444.7%
Calcium 13.7% Iron 23.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet