Yellow Squash and Tomato Sauce
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm) (Large Clove)|
|Olive oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Yellow summer squash||1 1⁄2 Pound|
|Canned italian tomatoes||35 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
1) Chop onion coarsely and place aside.
2) Press the garlic and place aside.
3) Scrub the squash and cut into slices.
4) In a skillet, add oil and butter to heat up together.
5) Add onion and garlic to saute in it until onion is tender.
6) Crush the tomatoes with fingers while adding to the skillet along with the liquid.
7) Add the squash slices.
8) Sprinkle salt and pepper to season.
9) Cook over medium-high heat, with occasional stirring until the squash are tender but retains shape.
10) Serve the Yellow Squash And Tomato Sauce hot with bread roll or rice.