Chicken with Peanut Sauce
|Peanut butter||3 Tablespoon|
|Soy sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Brown sugar||2 Teaspoon|
|Oriental sesame oil||2 Teaspoon|
|Canned flat anchovies||1|
|Red pepper flakes||1⁄2 Teaspoon, crushed|
|Peanut oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Skinless boneless chicken breast||1 Pound, cut into about 3x 1/2 inch strips|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), finely chopped|
|Ginger root||1 Teaspoon, peeled, finely chopped|
|Green onions||4 , cut into 1-inch pieces|
|Sweet red pepper||1 Medium, cored, seeded & cut into 1/4-inch-wide strips|
1) Take the container of a food processor or electric blender and combine together soy sauce, peanut butter, brown sugar, water, Oriental sesame oil red pepper flakes and anchovy in it. Whirl and mix all the ingredients.
2) Take a large non-stick skillet or wok and heat peanut oil in it over high flame. Add chicken strips and stir-fry for 4 minutes or until completely brown.
3) Add ginger, garlic, red pepper and green onion. Reduce heat to medium-high and stir-fry for about 3 minutes.
4) Stir in peanut butter mixture and cook for another 1 minute, stirring constantly to coat chicken strips.
5) Serve over hot cooked rice, if desired.