Slow Pot Meat Sauce
|Olive oil/Vegetable oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Onion||1 , peeled and chopped|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), peeled and minced|
|Ground beef/Hamburger||1 1⁄2 Pound|
|Canned whole italian tomatoes||6 Ounce (1 Cart)|
|Canned tomato paste||6 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Water||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Dried basil||1 Teaspoon|
|Dried oregano||1 Teaspoon|
|Green peppers||2 , seeded and chopped|
|Celery stalks||2 , diced|
|Mushrooms/1 can of 10 ounce mushrooms||1⁄2 Pound, stemmed|
1) Place a large skillet over moderate-high heat and add the oil.
2) Once the oil is hot enough, saute the onion and garlic till the onions are well browned, but not burned.
3) Use a slotted spoon to remove the contents to a slow cooker.
4) Into the skillet, turn the meat and break it up. Saute on high heat, stirring often, till it is in little lumps and thoroughly browned.
5) Add the tomato paste, tomatoes and water to the still hot skillet. Scrape up the pan juices.
6) Turn the heat off and then add the sugar as well as all the other ingredients to the sauce.
7) Combine the ingredients together well and then add to the contents of the slow cooker. Stir well.
8) Cover the cooker and cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours. While the sauce is well cooked after about 4 hours, it tastes better when cooked for long.
9) In case the sauce seems to thin, gently simmer it in a skillet for 4 o 5 minutes prior to serving.
10) Transfer the meat to a serving plate, top with the hot sauce and serve while still piping hot.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2873 Calories from Fat 2045
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 228 g351.1%
Saturated Fat 72.9 g364.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 480 mg160%
Sodium 5260.3 mg219.2%
Total Carbohydrates 95 g31.6%
Dietary Fiber 23.8 g95%
Sugars 53.9 g
Protein 136 g272.7%
Vitamin A 117.9% Vitamin C 527.8%
Calcium 47.5% Iron 109.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet