Pan Fried Salmon and Watercress Sauce
|Light olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Baby new potatoes||10 Ounce|
|Unsalted butter||1 1⁄2 Ounce|
|Salmon fillets||10 Ounce (2 In Number, 5 Ounce Each)|
|Dry white wine||1⁄4 Pint|
|Watercress||1 Ounce (Plus Extra For Garnish)|
|Fish stock||3 Fluid Ounce|
|Creme fraiche||4 Fluid Ounce|
|Ground black pepper||To Taste|
1. Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees centigrade. Line 2 ramekin dishes with cling film and brush with oil.
2. Cut the potatoes in half, put in a saucepan of cold salted water and bring to the boil. Cover and cook for 10-12 minutes until tender.
3. Bring a small pan of water to the boil. Peel the carrot and cut it and the courgette into matchstick-sized strips. Add the carrot to the pan and cook for 1 minute, then add the courgette and cook for a further 30 seconds. Drain the vegetables and refresh under cold running water. Dry on kitchen paper and put in a small bowl.
4. Melt a knob of the butter in the same pan and add to the vegetables. Season well with salt and pepper. Put the vegetables in the prepared ramekin dishes and flatten down with a palette knife. Place in the oven for 6-8 minutes to heat through.
5. In a frying pan, heat a little oil and a knob of butter. Season the salmon fillets and add to the pan. Cook for 2 minutes on each side until just tender and lightly golden. Remove from the pan, cover with foil and set aside. Add the wine to the pan and boil to reduce down to about 1 tablespoon.
6. Put the watercress and stock in a food processor and whiz until blended. Pour into the pan with the crÃ¨me fraiche. Season and cook for 2-3 minutes until reduced, stirring occasionally. Return the salmon to the pan and cook until just heated through.
7. Drain the potatoes and toss in the remaining butter. Turn the vegetables out of the ramekin dishes.
8. On warmed serving plates, arrange the salmon fillets and spoon some of the sauce around them. Add the potatoes and a vegetable mound. Garnish with a sprig of watercress and serve at once.
Calories 689 Calories from Fat 384
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 43 g66.5%
Saturated Fat 13.5 g67.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 124.1 mg41.4%
Sodium 408 mg17%
Total Carbohydrates 28 g9.2%
Dietary Fiber 4.2 g16.7%
Sugars 5.8 g
Protein 35 g69.9%
Vitamin A 142.8% Vitamin C 72%
Calcium 11.3% Iron 10.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet