Turkey Ham Kabobs with Apricot Mustard Sauce
|Turkey ham/Cooked extra lean ham||1 Pound, cut into 1 inch chunks|
|Pearl onions||12 , partially cooked|
|Fresh pineapple chunks||12|
|Green bell pepper||1 Small, cut into 12 pieces|
|For apricot mustard sauce|
|Apricot preserves/Peach preserves||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Orange juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Prepared mustard||1 Tablespoon|
|Prepared horseradish||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1) Take a small saucepan and combine all the ingredients together. Blend nicely.
2) Cook the mixture over medium heat until preserves melt, stirring constantly.
3) Take 6 metal skewers and alternately thread 3-4 ham chunks, 2 onions and 2 pieces each pineapple and bell pepper.
4) Place the kabobs on broiler pan and broil 4-6 inches away from heat for about 8-12 minutes or until ham is thoroughly heated and vegetables turn crisp-tender. Turn only once and keep brushing constantly with sauce.
5) Serve the kabobs immediately.