Meat Balls in Tomato Sauce
|White bread slices||3|
|Milk||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Ground beef||1 Pound|
|Eggs||2 , unbeaten|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Chopped parsley||2 Tablespoon|
|For tomato sauce|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Chopped onion||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Tomato puree||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
1) To make the tomato sauce, first heat oil in the saucepan.
2) Add in the garlic and onions. Saute till they become a light golden brown.
3) Add in the tomato puree along with salt, pepper, bayleaf and sugar.
4) Let the mixture come to a boil.
5) Simmer the mixture for about 45 minutes.
6) Meanwhile, prepare the meatballs by breaking the bread slices into a mixing bowl.
7) Add in milk into the bowl. Let it stand for about 5 minutes till all the milk is absorbed by the bread.
8) Next, add in the beef, eggs, salt, pepper, garlic clove and parsley.
9) Mix till all the ingredients are well blended. Shape the mixture into 12 medium sized balls.
10) In a skillet, add shortening. Once heated, add in the meatballs. Cook on simmer for about 45 minutes.
11) Serve the meatballs with 1/2 pound of cooked spaghetti. Pour the Tomato Sauce on top. Toss well just before serving.
12) Serve the Meat Balls in Tomato Sauce garnished with grated cheese and chopped parsley.
Calories 427 Calories from Fat 290
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 32 g49.8%
Saturated Fat 10.1 g50.4%
Trans Fat 0.7 g
Cholesterol 125.1 mg41.7%
Sodium 491 mg20.5%
Total Carbohydrates 19 g6.3%
Dietary Fiber 2.6 g10.3%
Sugars 7.9 g
Protein 18 g35.6%
Vitamin A 20.1% Vitamin C 30.7%
Calcium 5.5% Iron 17.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet