Light Leek Sauce
|Leeks||1 Pound, roughly chopped (450 gram)|
|Watercress||1 Bunch (100 gm), roughly chopped|
|Dry vermouth||4 Tablespoon|
|Single cream||1 Fluid Ounce (1 carton, 284 milliliter)|
|Fish stock||3⁄4 Pint (450 milliliter)|
|Butter||1 1⁄2 Ounce (40 gram)|
|Dry white wine||4 Fluid Ounce (100 milliliter)|
|Fish bones/Fish cubes||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
1. In a medium sized sauce pan, combine wine and fish bones. Cover and cook on a medium flame for 10 minutes. Strain and keep aside.
2. In a medium sized sauce pan, melt butter to prepare sauce.
3. Add the leeks, mix well and cover and cook on a medium flame for 5 to 6 minutes or they soften.
4. Add watercress, mix well and cook for 3 to 4 more minutes.
5. Remove off flame and keep aside to cool.
6. In an electric mixer, place cooled vegetables along with vermouth and blend for 1 minute.
7. Add stock, cream, salt and pepper and blend till smooth.
8. Remove on to a sauce pan, add reserved cooking liqueur and re heat gently.
9. Use sauce as an accompaniment over poached fish etc.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 852 Calories from Fat 398
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 45 g69.6%
Saturated Fat 26.5 g132.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 115.3 mg38.4%
Sodium 1237.4 mg51.6%
Total Carbohydrates 70 g23.5%
Dietary Fiber 8.7 g34.8%
Sugars 19.8 g
Protein 20 g40.6%
Vitamin A 240.7% Vitamin C 163.5%
Calcium 45.6% Iron 57.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet