Cornish Hens with Pineapple Pepper Sauce
|Cornish game hens||4 1⁄2 Pound (3 whole, 1 1/2 pound each)|
|Dry mustard||1 Teaspoon|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Red wine vinegar||2 Tablespoon|
|Soy sauce||1 Teaspoon|
|Canned pineapple chunks in juice||8 Ounce, undrained (1 can)|
|Green bell pepper||1 Medium, cut into 1 inch pieces|
|Red bell pepper||1 Medium, cut into 1 inch pieces|
1) Remove giblets and rinse hens inside-out. Pat dry and cut each hen lengthwise into half.
2) Preheat oven to 325° F.
3) Take a broiler pan or a shallow roasting pan and place halved hens skin side up.
4) Broil them 4-6 inches away from heat for about 8-10 minutes or until skin turns crisp. Drain and set aside.
5) Take a 13x9-inch (3-quart) baking dish and place the halves again keeping skin side up.
6) Take a medium size bowl and combine all the remaining ingredients in it. Spoon them over hens and bake at 325° F for 45-50 minutes or until tender, basting several times with the mixture.
7) Serve immediately with any remaining sauce, if desired.
Calories 740 Calories from Fat 431
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 48 g73.6%
Saturated Fat 13.3 g66.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 343.6 mg114.5%
Sodium 260.1 mg10.8%
Total Carbohydrates 14 g4.7%
Dietary Fiber 1.2 g5%
Sugars 7.6 g
Protein 59 g117.8%
Vitamin A 22.4% Vitamin C 81.2%
Calcium 4.2% Iron 16.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet