Tree Top Mom's Apple Sauce Bread
|Shortening||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Apple sauce||3 Cup (48 tbs) (Tree Top original)|
|Flour||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Baking soda||2 Teaspoon|
|Ground cloves||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground allspice||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Cut up prunes/Raisins||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Nuts||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped (if desired)|
|Candied fruit||1 Cup (16 tbs) (if desired)|
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Take a bowl and add sugar and cream shortening in it. Cream the mixture using hand mixer and blend in apple sauce.
3. Take a separate bowl and add all dry ingredients and add the apple-sauce mixture. Mix all ingredients until it gets moistened.
4. Add nuts and fruit and stir them well.
5. Take 2 well-greased 9-by-5-inch bread pans, spoon 2/3 of mixture in it. Bake for about 80 minute until the toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
6. Serve Tree Top Mom-€™s apple sauce bread with coffee or tea.