Rotelle with Tuna Sauce
|Onion||1 Medium, finely chopped (1/2 cup)|
|Olive oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), finely chopped|
|Tomatoes||2 Cup (32 tbs), coarsely chopped (fresh or canned)|
|Parsley||2 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Canned italian tuna||6 1⁄2 Ounce, packed in olive oil and undrained (1 can)|
|Chicken broth||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1) Take a skillet and add the onion into the oil
2) Cook the onion for 6 minutes to make it soft.
3) Add garlic to the onion and cook for another 2 minutes.
4) Add tomatoes, parsley along with salt and pepper.
5) Cover the skillet and simmer on low heat for 10 minutes.
6) Now put the mixture into the container of a food processor. Puree the mixture.
7) Put the tuna to the blender and puree it.
8) Add the broth to make a thick sauce.
9) Meanwhile, cook the rotelle in a pot of boiling water.
10) Drain the rotelle and toss it with sauce.
11) Serve the dish in a serving bowl immediately.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2662 Calories from Fat 680
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 78 g120.6%
Saturated Fat 10.5 g52.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 33.2 mg11.1%
Sodium 1823.5 mg76%
Total Carbohydrates 407 g135.6%
Dietary Fiber 41.2 g164.7%
Sugars 20.1 g
Protein 94 g187.1%
Vitamin A 116.8% Vitamin C 174.9%
Calcium 16.1% Iron 79.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet