Ribs with Hoisin Barbecue Sauce and Tropical Fruit Relish
|Pineapple||1 Cup (16 tbs), diced|
|Papaya||1 Cup (16 tbs), diced|
|Tomato||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), seeded, diced|
|Green onions||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), thinly sliced|
|Fresh mint||2 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Seasoned rice vinegar||2 Tablespoon|
|Chinese black beans||2 Tablespoon|
|Hoisin sauce||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Honey||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Dark soy sauce||5 Tablespoon|
|Dry sherry||5 Tablespoon|
|Sesame oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Chili sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Ketchup||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|White vinegar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Sesame seeds||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), toasted|
|Orange zest||2 Tablespoon, finely grated|
|Garlic||2 Teaspoon, minced|
|Pork loin back ribs||6 Pound|
1) Tropical fruit relish: In a bowl, mix the pineapple, papaya, tomato, green onions, mint and vinegar together; keep aside.
2) Pork ribs : In a bowl, soak the black beans in water for 10 minutes.
3) Rinse the beans thoroughly and chop them.
4) In a bowl, combine the chopped black beans, hoisin sauce, honey, soy sauce, sherry, oil, curry powder, chili sauce, ketchup, vinegar, sesame seeds, orange zest and garlic together; mix thoroughly.
5) Grill the pork ribs on a covered gas or charcoal grill for 8 to 12 minutes, turning and rearranging the ribs frequently.
6) Baste the ribs with the sauce during the last 4 or 5 minutes of cooking.
7) Remove the pork ribs from grill and baste again with the sauce.
8) Serve the Ribs with Hoisin Barbecue Sauce and Tropical Fruit Relish immediately on a platter.
Calories 587 Calories from Fat 198
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 22 g34%
Saturated Fat 6.4 g32.1%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 201.9 mg67.3%
Sodium 1259.5 mg52.5%
Total Carbohydrates 36 g12%
Dietary Fiber 2.3 g9.1%
Sugars 27.6 g
Protein 58 g116.8%
Vitamin A 9.3% Vitamin C 40.7%
Calcium 11.8% Iron 19.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet