Fish Balls in Rich Cream Sauce
|Frozen flounder fillets||10 Ounce, thawed (1 Package)|
|Light cream/Table cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||4 Tablespoon|
|Butter/Margarine||4 Tablespoon (1/2 Stick)|
|All-purpose flour||4 Tablespoon (For Sauce)|
|Table cream/Light cream||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
1. Cut fish into small cubes.
2. Take an electric blender and add a part of ½ cream and few fish cubes at a time and whirl it until it turns into smooth puree. (Run the fish through a food grinder using the fine blade and blend it with cream).
3. Take a medium -sized bowl and add 4 tbsp of flour and fish mixture into it and stir them well. Cover the bowl and chill it for about 4 hours.
4. Take a large skillet and fill it with water upto 2 inches deep and season it with salt. Boil the mixture and then reduce heat.
5. Press the mixture between 2 tsps and shape it into oval.
6. Poach the fish mixture by gently simmering in water for about 5 minutes. Use spoon to remove the mixture into serving dish. Keep the mixture warm and save the ½ cup of poaching liquid.
7. In a small saucepan melt margarine and butter, and stir in about 4 tbsp flour. Stir and cook constantly until the mixture turns bubbly. Add 1 ½ cups cream and reserved fish poaching liquid and cook by stirring until the sauce thickens. Allow the sauce to bubble for a minute.
8. In a small bowl, beat egg yolk lightly. Add half of the mixture and cook again by stirring constantly for a minute or until the sauce thickens again.
9. Serve the fish balls in rich cream sauce after topping with chopped parsley and garnishing with watercress and radish roses.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2192 Calories from Fat 1455
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 165 g254.5%
Saturated Fat 98.9 g494.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 847.4 mg282.5%
Sodium 1994.9 mg83.1%
Total Carbohydrates 109 g36.3%
Dietary Fiber 3.2 g13%
Sugars 1.1 g
Protein 75 g150.2%
Vitamin A 105.9% Vitamin C 6%
Calcium 48.1% Iron 34.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet