Standing Rib Roast With Madeira Sauce
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), finely chopped (Large Cloves)|
|Marjoram leaves||1 Teaspoon|
|Thyme leaves||1 Teaspoon|
|Standing rib roast||5 Pound (About 3 Ribs)|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Thinly sliced mushrooms||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Madeira/Dry red wine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Tomato paste||1 Tablespoon|
|Onion soup mix/Onion-mushroom / beefy mushroom soup mix||3 Ounce (Lipton, 1 Envelope)|
|All purpose flour||1 Tablespoon|
|Water||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Finely chopped parsley||1 Tablespoon|
1. Preheat oven to 500°.
2. Trim the fat from the roast
3. In a small bowl, place the garlic, marjoram, thyme, salt and pepper and mix well.
4. In a roasting pan, place the roast and then rub it with the garlic mixture
5. Roast this for 10 minutes on high heat and reduce the heat to 350° and continue roasting 1 1/2 hours or until meat thermometer reaches 130° (Rare) or 150° (Medium).
6. Remove the roast to a serving platter and keep warm. Prepare the pan drippings by skimming the fat from the drippings.
7. In a small saucepan, tip in the pan juices, butter, mushrooms, and cook till the mushrooms are tender.
8. Cook for five minutes and then add the wine, tomato paste, then onion soup mix and flour blended with water.
9. Bring this mixture to the boil again and simmer for five minutes or till the sauce it thick. Add the parsley and the pepper last
10. Serve the sauce with the roast
Calories 995 Calories from Fat 544
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 61 g93.1%
Saturated Fat 25.3 g126.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 435.9 mg145.3%
Sodium 1818.5 mg75.8%
Total Carbohydrates 13 g4.3%
Dietary Fiber 1.4 g5.4%
Sugars 1.1 g
Protein 92 g184.7%
Vitamin A 11% Vitamin C 10.8%
Calcium 7.7% Iron 24.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet