Salmon With Crab Sauce
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Dill seed||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Frozen salmon steaks||24 Ounce, partially thawed (2 Packages, 12 Ounce Each, 6 Steaks)|
|Chicken broth||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Dairy sour cream||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Ground nutmeg||1 Dash|
|Canned crabmeat||7 1⁄2 Ounce, drained, flaked, and cartilage removed (1 Can)|
1. In a large skillet, put together water, lemon slices, salt, dill seed, and bay leaf; bring it to boiling.
2. Add salmon steaks to boiling mixture and heat until it boils again.
3. Reduce heat to low and simmer for about 5-10 minutes until fish flakes easily.
4. Using a slotted spatula, remove steaks.
5. Meanwhile, in a saucepan, blend corn starch in cold broth by stirring gradually.
6. Over high heat, cook with constant stirring until sauce is thick and bubbly; cook for 1 more minute.
7. Remove pan from heat and stir in butter, sour cream and nutmeg.
8. Add crab meat and heat thoroughly; do not boil.
9. In a warm serving plate serve salmon and spoon crab sauce on top.
Calories 227 Calories from Fat 98
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 11 g16.9%
Saturated Fat 3.9 g19.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 47 mg15.7%
Sodium 458.3 mg19.1%
Total Carbohydrates 4 g1.4%
Dietary Fiber 0.28 g1.1%
Sugars 0.5 g
Protein 28 g56.7%
Vitamin A 3.8% Vitamin C 3.4%
Calcium 2.1% Iron 1.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet