Beef Rump Roast with Barbecue Sauce
|Rolled beef rump roast||5 Pound|
|Wine vinegar/Cider vinegar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Castup/Chili sauce||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Liquid smoke seasoning||1 Teaspoon|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), quartered|
|Onion||1 Small, sliced, quartered|
|Celery stalks||1 , cut into 1/2-inch length pieces|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Barbecue sauce||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (For Serving)|
1) Preheat the oven to 350F.
2) In a heavy Dutch oven, heat the shortening. Add in the beef rump roast and brown well on all sides.
3) Into the blender, add in the wine or vinegar, catsup or chili sauce, liquid smoke, salt, garlic, onion and celery. With the puree blade, blend for a few seconds till all the ingredients are finely chopped.
4) Pour the blended mixture into the Dutch oven over the roast. Cover the dish. Transfer into the oven and cook for about 2 1/2 hours. The meat must be fork-tender by the end of this time.
5) Keep basting the meat with the sauce around it. After 1 hour turn over the roast.
6) Serve the Beef Rump Roast hot with barbecue sauce on the side.
Calories 933 Calories from Fat 397
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 44 g68.1%
Saturated Fat 1.9 g9.5%
Trans Fat 1 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 917.9 mg38.2%
Total Carbohydrates 10 g3.3%
Dietary Fiber 0.53 g2.1%
Sugars 7.3 g
Protein 117 g234.7%
Vitamin A 5.8% Vitamin C 9.6%
Calcium 1.4% Iron 1.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet