Barry attempts takes the popular hot sauce video to another level.
Scotch bonnet peppers
15 , finely chopped
1⁄2 , finely chopped
2 Clove (10 gm), finely chopped
1. Divide the scotch bonnet pepper into 3 portions. Add one portion into the jar and fill with 200 ml of oil. Close the lid and shake well.
2. In a large saucepan, heat the water and place the jar for 2 minutes. Take out the jar after 2 minutes and shake well. Repeat this process 5 times.
3. Filter the oil and place back into the jar along with second batch of pepper and another 200 ml of oil. Repeat the process of giving heat blast with remaining ingredients.
4. Filter the oil and place in a shallow pan. Place on a stove and add in the onion and garlic. Cook for 5 minutes.
5. Drain the oil using a sieve and place back into the shallow pan over the stove.
6. Add in the salt and tomato sauce in small batches and cook for a few minutes.
7. Place the sauce in an airtight container.
8. Serve the hot sauce with fritters and enjoy!
These peppers are very hot so always handle with care. Preferably wear gloves while handling these.