|Watercress||1 Bunch (100 gm)|
|Chicken stock||1⁄4 Pint (150 Milliliter)|
|Gelatine||1 Teaspoon (5 Milliliter)|
|Double cream||1⁄4 Pint (150 Milliliter)|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
1. In a pan, add the watercress and stock. Simmer for a few minutes.
2. Let it cool down a bit, then work to a smooth puree in an electric blender. Let it cool down to room temperature.
3. Mix in the gelatine, then whisk in the cream.
4. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
5. TO STORE BY FREEZING: Pour into a rigid container. Seal the container, label it and freeze.
6. TO USE A FROZEN SAUCE: Thaw at room temperature for 4 hours, then beat until smooth. Serve with roasted vegetables.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 634 Calories from Fat 560
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 62 g95.7%
Saturated Fat 0.43 g2.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 3.6 mg1.2%
Sodium 610.4 mg25.4%
Total Carbohydrates 8 g2.7%
Dietary Fiber 0.76 g3.1%
Sugars 2.1 g
Protein 12 g23%
Vitamin A 64% Vitamin C 72.4%
Calcium 13.1% Iron 4.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet