Honey And Cinnamon Sauce
Ground cinnamon - 0.5 x 2.5 milliliter spoon/1/4 teaspoon
Salt - 0.5 x 2.5 milliliter spoon/1/4 teaspoon
Water - 175 milliliter/6 fluid ounces
Honey - 4 x 15 milliliter spoons/4 tablespoons
Butter - 1 x 5 milliliter spoon/1 teaspoon
1. In a bowl, Sift the cornflour (cornstarch) with cinnamon and salt. Form a paste with a little of the water.
2. Add the honey and the remaining water in a pan and heat gently until the honey has melted, stirring occasionally.
3. Mix in the honey mixture into the cornflour paste, return to the rinsed-out pan and simmer until the sauce is thick and smooth. Remember to stir constantly so that it does not burn or stick to the bottom.
4. Add in the butter and beat constantly until melted.
5. IF STORING BY FREEZING: Cool the sauce a bit, then pour into a rigid container. Seal the container, label it and freeze.
6. TO USE A FROZEN SAUCE: Thaw in the container at room temperature for 2 to 3 hours till the sauce is in its liquid form. Then reheat gently on top of the stove, stirring constantly. Use as needed.