Hamburgers In Wine Sauce
Raw minced beef - 8 oz [250 g]
Raw minced pork - 8 oz [250 g]
Egg - 1
Lemon rind - from 1/2 lemon, grated
Nutmeg - 1 pinch
Butter - 2 oz [250 g]
Stale bread - 2 slices, softened in water and pressed dry
Salt and pepper
Butter or margarine - 2 oz [50 g]
Parsley - 1 tablespoon [1X 20 ml spoon], chopped
Chives or shallots - 1 tablespoon [1X 20 ml spoon], chopped
Lemon juice - from 1/2 lemon
Dry white or red wine - 1/2 cup
1) Arrange all the ingredients.
2) In a large bowl, mix all the ingredients and season them well.
3) Divide the mixture into 8 portions.
4) To make sauce, melt butter in a frying pan.
5) Add chives and parsley to the pan and saute for 5 minutes.
6) To the pan, add the hamburgers and brown them from bothe the sides.
7) Simmer for few minutes and add wine with lemon juice.
8) Cover the pan and cook the sauce for 15 minutes.
8) Serve the hamburgers hot with some bread.