Spicy Cumberland Sauce
Finely grated rind and juice of 1 large orange
Juice of 1/2 lemon
Mustard powder - 1.5 x 5 milliliter spoons /1 1/2 teaspoons
1 x 5 milliliterl spoon / 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
Pinch of ground ginger
Pinch of cayenne pepper (optional)
Port - 4 x 15 milliliter spoons/4 tablespoons
1. In a pan, add red currant jelly, orange juice and rind, lemon juice, mustard powder, Worcestershire sauce, ginger and cayenne.
2. Heat gently until the jelly has dissolved, stirring at intervals.
3. Take away from the heat and stir in the port.
4. TO STORE BY FREEZING: Pour into a rigid container. Seal the container, label it and freeze.
5. TO USE A FROZEN SAUCE: Thaw at room temperature for 4 hours, then beat until smooth. Serve with lamb or any other roast meat.